This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to successfully meet customers' needs.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Engage in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits, and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or Culinary Arts preferred.
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.