The Sherwin-Williams Management & Sales Training Program is an accelerated, entry-level position designed to prepare you for a Store Management role in 18-24 months. With Sherwin-Williams’ promote-from-within philosophy, you will have the opportunity to progress into an Assistant Store Manager position upon successful completion of the initial 6-8-week training.
This position’s typical schedule is 44 hours per week, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
During the program, you will collaborate with store management to oversee a million-dollar business, providing leadership and insight into the development and strategy of that store. Through the course of the program, you will learn all operations, clients, and internal strategy, allowing you to understand the significant part you’ll play in the team’s success. You will grow the company’s market share by selling to large, commercial users such as painting contractors, purchasing agents, manufacturers, and other commercial users who need large volumes of our high-quality products.
Our training experience provides you with all the skills necessary for a successful career in management and professional sales. After you complete the training program, you can count on a career trajectory with a clear beginning and an open end – meaning you shape your future!
What you will gain:
Limitless Career Opportunities
This structured program provides the support you need, including formal discussions to review your objectives & development
You’ll develop the foundation for what it takes to become a successful leader in our organization
We’ll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales, and marketing, finance, and operations
You will also get out into the community and establish relationships essential to growing our business - and your success
- Complete training consistent with established program
- Support business strategies to increase sales and optimize profitability
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
- Build and maintain knowledge of all products to ensure effective customer recommendations
- Build positive relationships with wholesale and retail customers
- Complete store administration
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including safety, loss prevention, and security
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards, including promotional packages and sales floor displays
- Support employee training, development, performance management, and corrective action
- Respond to and resolve any customer and/or employee complaints
- Partner with Store Manager to make outside sales calls to increase market share
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship for employment work visa status now or in the future
- Must have a valid, unrestricted Driver’s License
- Must have at least a bachelor's degree by the start of this development program
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 70 lbs. on occasion
- Have at least one (1) year experience working in a retail, sales, or customer service position
- Have at least one (1) year of experience in leadership role(s), supervising others, or leading teams
- Have previous experience working in a team-oriented setting including work experience, extracurricular activities, military service, etc.
- Have previous work experience selling paint and paint related products
- Have work experience using timekeeping and/or customer relationship management ("CRM") systems
- Willingness to relocate for future job opportunities
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in more than one language
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in Spanish