Lowe's 2024 Summer Internship Program offers a challenging, project-based opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE® 50 company. The internship will provide broad learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for:
- Students driven by potential
- Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are capable of being inspired
- Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and able to recognize and embrace new opportunities
- Great collaborators who understand the power of "we"
- People who push the boundaries of what's possible
The summer internship program begins with orientation onMay 20thand concludes onAugust 2nd. All internships are paid opportunities. This role has potential for conversion into the Inventory Replenishment Senior Specialist role for those that successfully complete their internship and required education. And qualified interns will be eligible for Lowe's housing benefit.
Inventory Replenishment Internship
The Inventory Fulfillment area is responsible for interpretation and execution of the inventory plans for respective business categories. They analyze replenishment data and make key decisions to manage inventory needs to drive sales and return on investment. They provide key inputs and validation of inventory fulfillment plans as the primary contact for the Supply Chain Planners. In collaboration with the key stakeholders within the supply chain, they proactively manage key performance metrics, including root-cause analysis and solution recommendations to ensures order flow meets designated capacity constrains throughout the supply chain. They collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage complex systems and processes, and provide customer support. The Inventory Replenishment internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen.
Areas of learning
- Understand root cause analysis, purchase order management, and key performance metrics monitoring to direct inventory flows within capacity constraints.
- Determine strategic deployment of product, based on resources (vendor production/availability, network capacities, etc.) and communicate decisions across cross-functional teams.
- Conduct trend analysis (i.e. Pipeline reporting) and initiate product flow contingency plans by proactively managing Replenishment Program settings.
- Drive customer service, providing information, plans and communication at the store level to support customer needs.
- Create inventory flow solutions by providing support, guidance, and problem solving to cross-functional teams.
Education and/or Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university with expected graduation dates of December 2024 or May 2025
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Strong collaborative, innovative, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Relevant internship and experience is a plus, as is experience in a leadership position at work or within a campus organization