Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are an organization of approximately 4,000 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world-class operational excellence for our customers, based upon smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
- Responsible for the analysis and explanation of the total freight cost.
- Prepare different financial reports including year-over-year and quarterly comparisons.
- Work closely with Transport Flow Optimization team to support the optimization of the Outbound freight network with focus on the best balance between cost and service levels.
- Work closely with Production Logistics to support the optimization of Inbound freight network with focus on carrier service levels and contracts.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and champion efforts to identify and eliminate unnecessary activities.
- Participate in financial review meetings with different stakeholders as needed.
- Secure compliance with Volvo Financial Policies and Authorization framework.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- MBA or advanced education is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of business analysis experience.
- Experience on logistics, parts distribution or service sales preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable to communicate effectively considering different audiences.
- Teamwork and cooperation - critical factors to the success of the team and motivation of the individuals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required, PowerBI highly desirable.
- Experience in SAP and Business Objects required. ESSBASE, VGCS preferred.
- Creative thinking and innovative problem solving.