The Great Teams! Associate HR Business Partner is responsible for administering the daily functions of Great Teams! (HR), as well as the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Included in these activities are onboarding, training, associate relations, HRIS processes, benefits support, leaves of absence and employee engagement and retention. The business partner is assigned a line of business to support and will align business objectives with Great Teams! - related to initiatives and programs. Establishing trusting relationships with leaders and associates is a must. This role is also critical in attracting, retaining and facilitating engagement of associates.
- Partners with assigned business unit (s) to help them achieve their business goals through proactive human resources-related initiatives and activities and by conducting regular meetings with the leadership team.
- Improves manager and associate performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating potential solutions, implementing selected solutions, and coaching managers and associates.
- Assists with providing day to day strategic performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action) with the support of the Director, GT! - Associate Relations or VP, Great Teams! as it relates to Corrective Action in the latter stages, Performance Improvement Plans, terminations, and other more complex issues.
- Provides strategic staffing guidance to managers to assist in identifying staffing needs.
- Manages and resolves associate relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assists with the onboarding process for new associates.
- Provides assistance with temporary staffing, as needed.
- Provides training support by assisting with identifying skill gaps that may result in the need for training, collaborating with departmental leadership to determine how to best proceed to address the need.
- Conducts and shares results of exit interviews through the chain of command for associates who are voluntarily leaving the organization.
- Conducts and shares results of stay interviews with associates throughout the organization in an effort to facilitate positive change and improve associate engagement.
- Collects and analyzes human resources data (i.e., stay & exit interviews, compensation data, staff make up and turnover analysis) and make recommendations to management based on information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required with three to five years of human resource experience and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete the major responsibilities/essential functions of the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- SHRM CP or SCP certification or the ability to become certified.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel, if needed..